Position Title: Business Development-Retail
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: North Central IN. – Kokomo, Rochester, Culver, and surrounding area
Accountable To: District Sales Manager
Do you thrive in a competitive environment and enjoy the challenge of working in the food service industry? Do you have excellent verbal and written communication skills and can you work independently for the good of the team?
Troyer Foods has been a recognized regional player in the food distribution business for over 70 years. Join a team that genuinely wants you and our customers and vendors to succeed. Troyer’s has been a 100% Employee Owned Company (ESOP) since 2010.
Primary Objective of the Position: To grow sales in a specified territory through growth of existing customers and the addition of new accounts.
- Training of DSR’s to service and sell existing Retail accounts.
- Working with DSR’s to grow opportunities within new and current customers.
- Opening New Business and working current customers independently or working with DSR’s.
- Working with DSR’s on customer credit and collections.
- Identifying opportunities in the market for new products and concepts.
Details of Functions:
- Working with DSR’s on existing accounts, obtain orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing and potential customers.
- Helping DSR’s develop a target list of potential customers with district manager support.
- Working directly with customers to set up displays and set ads.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Work closely with local brokers/manufacturers on developing new business and promoting manufacturers’ product lines.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing and products.
- Work closely with the purchasing department on customer needs.
- Work closely with operations and management in regards to sales needs.
- Participate in all sales /marketing functions as it relates to company business.
- Promote a positive attitude within the company.
- Must be able to meet company goals and objectives.
- Highly motivated and responsible self-starter with the ability to work under pressure.
- Customer oriented and able to solve problems.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
- Must be computer literate.
- Good relationship building skills.
- Good prospecting skills.
Hours of Work: Will be required to attend functions outside of the normal business hours to promote and support department and company’s goals and objectives