Primary Objective: Oversees the Customer Service and Order Processing functions conducted by an on-site team of employees. The manager will provide leadership to this team of direct reports to drive continuous improvement in service levels resulting in an optimal customer experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide direct supervision for team members; develop each associate’s skills according to goals and knowledge level.
- Firm understanding of all aspects of customer service functions, as well as external/internal customer functions.
- Monitor workload management and team metric goals, effectively report findings and manage team performance.
- Advance team relationships with operations, transportation, purchasing, and sales.
- Monitor Customer Service to ensure inquiries are being answered quickly and efficiently and orders are being entered timely and accurately.
- Assist Customer Service with resolution of situations regarding customer orders or deliveries, answer product questions, and deal with plant/manufacturing issues.
- Assist in training of new personnel.
- Provide regular and timely assessment, feedback and coaching for associates regarding their performance; conduct employee performance reviews.
- Oversee root-cause analysis and appropriate interventions or corrective action to prevent recurring customer issues.
- Ensure Troyer Foods service standards are met or exceeded by entire team.
- Develop and implement process improvements to enhance the customer experience.
- Assume responsibilities for participating on or leading special teams/projects as assigned.
- Other duties as may be assigned at management’s discretion
- Able to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Able to correctly retrieve and input data in computer
- Work within deadlines and under pressure
- Closely examine and analyze information
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT
Computer, Printer, Calculator, Copy Machine, Fax Machine, Telephone, Shredder
SYSTEMS & SOFTWARE
Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Fortis, POET
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree highly preferred
- 5-8 years relevant experience preferred
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Prior experience effectively supervising teams of people
- Ability to lead and influence others in a team environment
- Ability to coach and counsel reports
- Strong communication skills – verbal, written, presentation and listening
- Analytical and strategic planning skills; problem-solving
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and drive execution of strategic plans
- Motivated to succeed, results driven.
- Excellent follow through on details; strong accountability for individual and team performance.
- Well versed in the retail and food service distribution business and associated terminology and in all aspects of customer service and sales communications.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to those who are able to perform the essential duties of the job. The incumbent must be able to pass any required drug test. The incumbent must be able to maintain the confidentiality of any information s/he encounters.
CRITICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Integrity and honesty
- Positive attitude and customer-focused
- Team player
- Problem-Owner & Problem-Solver
- Exceptional verbal and written communicator
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize