Position Title: Material Handler –Day Shift
Exempt Status: Non Exempt
Accountable To: Shift Manager
Primary Objective of the Position: Performs activities required to assure product gets off loaded from trucks and inventoried into our Distribution Center accurately and efficiently. This position will be primarily located in the freezer
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Verifies case quantities, date requirements, descriptions and product codes match the purchase order for inbound trucks.
- Verifies product integrity, temperature, labeling, and separates material on appropriate skids.
- Completes paperwork and tracking documentation as required.
- Assures product is put into correct storage locations with the oldest available for next use.
- All other assigned duties by a member of leadership.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Able to see details at close range.
- Able to read and write numbers and letters
- Able to work with material moving equipment – riders, pallet jacks, forklifts…
- Able to work with other people in a positive way
- Uses safe work practices
- Enjoys a challenge and willing to push hard to get the job done
- Physically able to bend, push, stoop for long periods of time
- Physically able to lift and move containers that weigh up to 100 pounds
- Physically able to climb stairs and walk quickly throughout the facilities
- A minimum of a high school education or its equivalent is preferred.
- Some successful distribution or warehouse experience a plus.
Moderately noisy with a busy distribution center filled with people and equipment moving about. The facility has stairs, concrete floors with trip hazards, cold conditions. Must be able to be very mobile to navigate in and around our buildings and work areas. Physically challenging with product weighing up to 100 pounds. Hours are normally steady, but may vary somewhat due to holidays and peak shipping days.
EFFORT: Able to…
- Uphold the core values of Troyer Foods.
- Move freely throughout the various facilities to engage with the work being done.
- Work positively with a variety of people.
- Work under pressure and maintain a cheerful and positive spirit.
- Juggle competing responsibilities and willing to move where the need is.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to those who are able to perform the essential duties of the job. The incumbent must be able to pass any required drug or physical test. The incumbent must be able to maintain the confidentiality of any sensitive information they encounter.