Troyer Foods has been a recognized regional player in the food distribution business for 70 years. Join a team that genuinely wants you and our customers and vendors to succeed. Troyer’s has been a 100% Employee Owned Company (ESOP) since 2010.
Primary Objective of the Position: To grow sales in a specified territory through growth of existing customers and the addition of new accounts.
- Servicing existing accounts.
- Opening New Business.
- Manage customer credit and collections.
Details of Functions:
- Services existing accounts, obtain orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing and potential customers.
- Develop a target list of potential customers with district manager support.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Work closely with local brokers/manufacturers on developing new business and promoting manufacturers’ product lines.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing and products.
- Work closely with the purchasing department on customer needs.
- Work closely with operations and management in regards to sales needs.
- Participate in all sales /marketing functions as it relates to company business.
- Promote a positive attitude within the company.
- Must be able to meet company goals and objectives.
- Responsible for collections of all accounts with the assistants of the accounting department.
- 5-8 years relevant experience preferred
- Highly motivated and responsible self-starter with the ability to work under pressure.
- Customer oriented and able to solve problems.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
- Must be able to drive to accounts as needed.
- Must be computer literate.
- Good relationship building skills.
- Able to meet sales goals.
- Good prospecting skills.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s Degree appreciated
Hours of Work: Will be required to attend functions outside of the normal business hours to promote and support department and company’s goals and objectives