Primary Objective of the Position: Performs activities required to assure employees work effectively, efficiently and safely to get product in and out of our distribution center to help meet customer requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Understands each job within our Distribution Center and is able to perform those tasks if required to do so.
- Oversees scheduling of all night shift employees.
- Maintains the organization of truck loading through pick sheets, labels and route sheets or manages the flow of incoming material to assure accuracy and efficiency throughout the shift.
- Coaches and trains employees to do their jobs effectively, safely and with good housekeeping practices, helping them become the best employee possible.
- Assures employees work together effectively as a team.
- Assures safety procedures are followed throughout the Distribution Center
- Conducts regular team meetings.
- Oversees annual reviews of each employee.
- Assures employees are promoted based on skills and fit, rather than any type of discrimination.
- Willing to lead by example and work the hours required to get the job done.
- Effectively communicates expectations to employees.
- Effectively and proactively communicates with various departments in the organization.
- Support individual and team goals & initiatives.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by leadership.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Able to read/write, add/subtract/multiply/divide
- Likes people and the challenge of leading them.
- Uses safe work practices and established these same expectations for the team.
- Has demonstrated leadership ability or has previously led employee teams.
- Trustworthy and competent.
- Physically able to climb stairs and move quickly throughout the facilities.
- A minimum of a high school education or its equivalent is preferred.
- Some successful distribution or warehouse experience a plus.
- Able to learn new things and willing to do so.
Moderately noisy with a busy office and distribution center filled with computers, printers and people and equipment moving about. The facility has stairs, concrete floors with trip hazards, cold conditions. Must be able to be very mobile to navigate in and around our buildings and work areas. Hours are normally steady, but may vary somewhat due to holidays and peak shipping days.
EFFORT: Able to…
- Sit and work at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Move freely throughout the various facilities to engage with the work being done.
- Engage people in conversation, making them feel welcome and appreciated.
- Rally the troops and encourage excellent behavior from the team.
- Recognize the confidential nature of the job and maintain this confidence.
- Work under pressure and maintain a cheerful and positive spirit.
- Closely examine and analyze information.
- Juggle competing responsibilities and accomplish stated objectives.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to those who are able to perform the essential duties of the job. The incumbent must be able to pass any required drug or physical test. The incumbent must be able to maintain the confidentiality of any information they encounter.
Please send resume to email@example.com for consideration