Troyer Foods is seeking a Buyer’s Assistant to support our category managers with day to day activities.
- Product and Vendor Management
- Optimize item and vendor mix to exceed target customer expectations.
- Develop item pricing strategies that maximize revenue.
- Create and drive category marketing plans.
- Provide direction for marketing collateral.
- Provide education and communication to Troyer’s inside and outside sales teams.
- Foster win-win relationships with vendors, customers, and sales people.
- Attend trade shows, sales meetings, food shows, and other events as requested.
- Logistics Management
- Develop and implement strategies to exceed margin goals and maintain acceptable fill-rates.
- Deliver inventory turns that maximize food quality and safety.
- Maximize profits by leveraging GPO negotiated savings programs.
- Reduce costs through strategic vendor reviews and consolidation strategy.
- Business Analysis, Margin Management, and Administration
- Aggressively negotiate and maximize buy-side monies (deals, bill-backs, accruals).
- Maximize local marketing monies (marketing billings).
- Maximize gross margin contribution per category/SKU.
- Ensure proper execution of product recalls within category.
- Develop and monitor reporting to track and analyze all the above.
- Direct day-to-day activities of designated Buyer Assistant to accomplish the above.
- Other Duties As Required
- Able to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Able to correctly retrieve and input data in computer
- Work within deadlines while under pressure
- Closely examine and analyze information
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Fortis
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
CRITICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to those who are able to perform the essential duties of the job. The incumbent must be able to pass any required drug test. The incumbent must be able to maintain the confidentiality of any information they encounter.
- Ideal candidate will be well versed in the retail and food service distribution business and associated terminology in all aspects of food distribution marketing, procurement, and logistics. Although consideration will be given to candidates who have experience with business analysis, business intelligence, and food marketing.
SYSTEMS & SOFTWARE
- Computer, Printer, Calculator, Copy Machine, Fax Machine, Telephone, Shredder
Please email email@example.com with resume for consideration.