Primary Objective of the Position: Performs activities required to assure product is accurately selected and gathered for loading outgoing trucks.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Fills customer orders by attaching picking labels to product cases, while always pulling the oldest date first to assure proper product rotation.
- Picks product to optimize efficiency and to minimize shortages and picking errors.
- Palletizes product with stability in mind along with making sure labels are visible and product stops are accounted for.
- Attaches picking label on “catch weight” end of the product case without covering product information.
- Records all “catch weights” for all variable weight products.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Able to read and write
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
- Able to see details at close range.
- Able to work with material moving equipment – riders, pallet jacks, forklifts…
- Able to work with other people in a positive way
- Uses safe work practices
- Enjoys a challenge and willing to push hard to get the job done
- Physically able to bend, push, stoop for long periods of time
- Physically able to lift and move containers that weigh up to 100 pounds
- Physically able to climb stairs and walk quickly throughout the facilities
- A minimum of a high school education or its equivalent is preferred.
- Some successful distribution or warehouse experience a plus.
Moderately noisy with a busy distribution center filled with people and equipment moving about. The facility has stairs, concrete floors with trip hazards, cold conditions. Must be able to be very mobile to navigate in and around our buildings and work areas. Physically challenging with product weighing up to 100 pounds. Hours are normally steady, but may vary somewhat due to holidays and peak shipping days.
EFFORT: Able to…
- Uphold the core values of Troyer Foods.
- Move freely throughout the various facilities to engage with the work being done.
- Work positively with a variety of people.
- Work under pressure and maintain a cheerful and positive spirit.
- Juggle competing responsibilities and willing to move where the need is.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to those who are able to perform the essential duties of the job. The incumbent must be able to pass any required drug or physical test. The incumbent must be able to maintain the confidentiality of any sensitive information they encounter.
Please send resume to email@example.com with the job title.